Product Family: Electric
Product Used: ERD Rod Style Actuator
Product Type: Standard
Stroke: 8 inches
Thrust: 150 lbf
Cycle Time: 2.4 sec
Pump fluid based foods in a volumetric filling machine.
A company that manufactures liquid volumetric filling machines needed to pump a variety of water based food such as soups, curries or stews. Problems with the previously used actuators:
- Hygienic risks with irregular surfaces and many points for contaminants to collect.
- Corrosion issues with actuator bodies constructed of aluminum and mild steel
- Wash-down requirements not met; nothing was rated above IP64
An ERD20 electric cylinder with stainless steel SS2 enclosed motor and IP69K option was chosen for this application. With these options the ERD has an all stainless steel corrosion resistant exterior. The smooth exterior makes cleaning easier and IP69K rating provided the wash-down protection. The actuators were run with the JVL drive for easy integration with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Wash-down requirement met with a standard Tolomatic actuator
- Integrated motor design, smooth, corrosion resistant exterior
- Consistent, reliable performance
- Eliminated need for manual, hand crank adjustments
- Compatible with existing control system via EtherNet/IP