Product Family: Electric
Product Used: ERD20-SS2 Stainless Steel Electric Actuators
Product Type: Standard
Multiple lane stacking equipment for various food products (i.e., meat and vegetable patties, waffles, pancakes).
A food equipment manufacturer’s stacking equipment system was designed with multiple lanes to independently index lines of food products for optimal throughput. All key components on the equipment required an IP69K rating as they required aggressive, regular wash-down. Speed and accuracy of the indexing feature was key to increased productivity, and maintaining product formation and quality.
A bank of six electric ERD20-SS2 stainless-steel electric actuators with servo motors were installed to drive the equipment’s indexing features. In addition, JVL servo drives were used with the existing Allen Bradley PLC for easy control integration.
- Clean-in-place washdown for increased product safety
- Increased product throughput
- Improved stacking accuracy
- Enhanced product quality – speed control prevents product deformation
- Integration into existing PLC control reduced costs and design time