Machinists operate CNC milling/turning/grinding machine centers and/or manual machinery to perform routine or repetitive operations in a manner which consistently meets customer specifications, quality requirements, and production standards.
Signing bonus available up to $6,000 depending on shift.
1st Shift hours are 5:00am to 3:30pm Monday-Thursday OR 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday
2nd Shift hours are 3:25pm to 1:55am Monday-Thursday OR 3:25pm to 11:55pm Monday-Friday ($1.50/hour Shift Premium)
• Ability to set up CNC lathes and mills.
• Ability to set up Manual Lathes, Grinders and Mills for Manual Machining operations
• Ability to understand and interpret programs using Mastercam software.
• Assist with fabricating new components per Engineering drawings
• Ability to verify work using various measurement methods.
• Assist with modifying components per drawings or engineering’s instruction
• Work on jobs according to due date as provided using scheduling system
• Maintain shop cleanliness.
• Operate equipment in a safe manner
• Communicate with other shifts
• Work from verbal and or written instructions or sketches
• Report job progress using current scheduling system
• Ability to use a CAD system when needed to verify drawings
• Mentoring of new Machinists
• Work over time as requested
• Work other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
• Strong math skills including trigonometry and geometry
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Working knowledge of GD&T
• Good interaction skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrate good troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
• Basic understanding & knowledge of Machine Shop equipment, machining & measuring processes
• Two year Machine Tool diploma or degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
Experience with the following type of equipment would be a plus, but not a requirement of the position:
• Twin spindle twin turret, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, TT1800 lathe
• Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Fanuc control, Daewoo, Puma 2000Y lathe
• Single spindle, Y axis, live tooling, Mazak Lathe
• Mazak Vertical Mill
• Mazak Horizontal Mill
• Haas Vertical Mill
• Bridgeport and Hardinge for Manual Machining operations
• Swiss Turning
• Cylindrical Grinding